Posts tagged ‘Obama’
“How you beat Obama? Beat him with a Cain!”
There is no way a presidential candidate said this.
2003 – This is what full-of-shit looks like
2011 – This is what progress looks like
The house: Bin Laden caught in a big, expensive mansion that didn’t have phone or internet service. A smaller house wouldn’t have raised much suspicion. But the giant house bit him on the ass. So – Bin Laden got caught because he was living in a house far bigger than he should have been living in. In other words, by living like many Americans! (I guess it’s hard to resist…even for the leader of the terrorist world).
The golf course: Living next to the Abbottābad Golf Club – I wonder if it’s any good? I checked out the golf course on Google Maps…and I found some reviews of the course – in English, no less! Oddly, all the reviews seem to be from the evening of May 2nd or later!
– One reviewer gave it 4 stars and said “Hit drive on 4th hole into abandoned helicopter which then exploded. Need ruling.”
– Another gave it 5 stars, saying “Good course, greens are a little fast, but the cart-girl has a beard and AK-47.”
– And another says “I would have given this place 5 stars except I was 5 under thru the front 9 when my game was interrupted by helicopters and some gentlemen dressed in all black who killed 2 of my playing partners. Other than that, I would come again.”
The military intelligence: Around the corner from the ‘Westpoint‘ of Pakistan? Are you kidding me? Nice job, Pakistan…ya retards. If they’re harboring Bin Laden, maybe we should just move the troops one country to the east. He’s sitting in a mansion next to the Westpoint of Pakistan and also just 90 miles outside of the capital of Pakistan? Are you kidding me? It’s Pakistan, not Kazakhstan. They knew, right?
Like Hillary said to Pakistan in 2009: “I find it hard to believe that nobody in your government knows where they are and couldn’t get them if they really wanted to.” (By the way, that’s a bold statement. And, she didn’t say that from her office in DC. She said that while she was in Pakistan! Nice work, Hillary!).
On Obama: I’d be happy if was killed on Bush’s watch. I’d be happier if he was killed on Bush’s watch. The sooner he’s dead, presumably the sooner the troops can return. So he’s dead now and that’s all that matters. Coulda, woulda, shoulda…perhaps. If Bush would have got him, Bush would have gotten credit. If Obama didn’t get him before the 2012 debates, he would have gotten ripped for it by the Republicans. Was Bush focused on Afghanistan while the Obama administration looked harder at Pakistan? I don’t know. Certainly, Hillary was saying in no uncertain terms that she was pretty sure he was in Pakistan.
I really like this tax deal for two reasons:
- After running for 2 years on the platform of cutting the deficit, the absolute FIRST thing the Republicans did (just 30 days after the election) was to cut $100 billion in tax revenue with no corresponding cut in spending. (In fact, the same bill has an increase in spending). Turns out they were full of crap – go figure. Thanks for immediately showing us how you would add to the federal deficit by giving money to the richest among us! $700 billion in TARP spending for wall street bankers and another $100 billion for the richest 2%? (Many who probably also received massive paychecks and golden parachutes from TARP). That’s getting up near a trillion dollars for bankers and the rich in just 24 months! So much for “real America” and “Joe the plumber”. While the Republicans are saying their “top concern” for the next 2 years is to block Obama (not to cut deficits, or to faithfully represent the voters, but to continue being the party of “No”), Obama is keeping his door open and working with them. Obama removed the Public Option at their demands (which now all my Republican friends are saying “Why can’t we buy the same insurance they get to buy. That’s a bunch of crap, we should be able to get what they can buy“. Ahh, the uninformed Beck-heads who didn’t even know what “public option” meant…), and now he’s working with them on their tax demands.
- Obama’s decision to work with Republicans and meet their requests is being viewed very favorably by independents. By not taking a hard Democrat stance, he’s shown them he’s a centrist and a moderate who will represent the broader spectrum of voters even when he personally doesn’t agree. By meeting the Republicans, he’s disarming them and winning over the moderate independents. He’s already got the Democratic support (in terms of 2012), now he’s picking up independents. And who decides elections? Not Democrats or Republicans….it’s the independents!
This move is neither stimulating jobs, nor reducing the deficit. It has almost no value. It only helps those who earn a million dollars or more every 4 years. But that’s what I like about it – the fiscal irresponsibility moves independents to the left. Good stuff for 2012!
In September, the CBO found that those $100 billion in tax cuts on income above $250,000 would reduce unemployment in 2011 and 2012 by…somewhere between 0.1% and nothing at all.
Clearly, $100 billion for somewhere between zero and 100,000 jobs is pretty poor performance. Giving more government money to rich people just isn’t a good way to get people working. http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2010/12/tax_cut_deal
The deal doesn’t include spending cuts to offset the expiration of lower tax rates. That means the government will have to borrow to pay for the plan. There are those who have doubts about how much the plan will boost the economy in the short term, especially if it adds to worries about bigger deficits and higher taxes in two years.
“The top 2% of wage earners like me are going to get their Bush tax cuts extended.
…I cannot wait for the tax rate to stay exactly the same, so I can create all those jobs.”
— Stephen Colbert, 12/06/10
The GOP is saying that Americans object to the mandate that you must purchase health care and that since they object, they shouldn’t be forced to buy that insurance.
What a bunch of bullsh. Americans don’t want to buy car insurance, either. So why don’t the GOP senators remove that? People who do NOT buy insurance will STILL get sick/old. And you cannot predict illness or injury (like a car wreck that just happens in an instant) for yourself or your family. So when they do get sick and hurt and they “chose” not to buy insurance…the cost for all of us who have insurance goes UP. So they need to just say “Look, my campaign was funded pretty heavily by the insurance execs and being in Washington is really great and I want to stay here.”
They don’t want to pay taxes, either. But you need to – and why? Because we all have to share. We all have to share the roads, we share the water systems, we share the protection buy the army, and we share the rising costs and decreasing coverage of insurance.
Soldiers killed in combat in Iraq
Since the war began: ……………….3,478
Since “Mission Accomplished”: ….3,371
Since capture of Saddam: …………3,173
Since Obama (01/20/09): ………..74