Posts tagged ‘Rick Perry’
Oh stop…it’s too funny. These “leading candidates for the Republican nomination” are just one hysterical idiot after another. I can’t believe this moron has been in charge of Texas for the past 12 years. Can’t….stop…laughing…
On the less-funny front: People are really supporting these people.
Back to the enjoyment:
Rick Perry “Strong” Ad Is Most Unpopular YouTube Video
What an…..ID DEEE YUTT. Libya???? REALLY?? Friggin’ LIBYA is a big stumbling block for you?? My God, even Sarah Palin can (probably) answer a question about Libya!!! You can hardly find a news outlet that has not covered Libya in the past few weeks. It’s literally….EVERYWHERE.
How can you possibly be both a presidential candidate AND be unprepared to talk about Libya???
How can you possibly have to clarify “which Libya” we’re talking about?? What the hell? Herman Cain….what an idiot. That is approaching the idiocy of Palin not being able to answer where she reads about current events (reading stuff….hell, reading words and such is for fancy elitist Democrats).
Unlike some of the accusations, this dumbfulness (already TM this word) I can see with my own eyes. Watch him looking at the ceiling (no, Jesus ain’t gonna help you run your damn head or help you make up crap) and watch him jumping around in his chair.
I thought for sure this was the end of Rick Perry. But he knew – it wasn’t the end. His handlers looked around at the other evolution-denying idiots he’s running with and (accurately) said “these other GOP candidates are just as stupid as this one. We’re fine”. And they’re RIGHT. This kind of shit would be a killer for any Democrat, because the bar is MUCH higher. Hell Howard Dean was killed by the Dems for far (far) less. It’s nutso.
Here’s what I thought was the end of Rick. How can a serious presidential candidate say he would get rid of the department of EDUCATION. It’s….I’m (almost) speechless:
If not maybe this one. If you show this to someone who doesn’t know who Rick Perry is, that person will bet 10:1 that this person is totally hammered.
This is just a golden delivery by Perry. It’s a complete ender, the likes of which we haven’t seen since Howard Dean’s scream.
Thanks to Gordon for posting: http://gordonkeith.wordpress.com/2011/10/31/was-rick-perry-drunk-on-friday-night/
“Here’s a guy who has a terrible drought in his state, and literally asked people to pray for rain….and now the state’s on fire“.
“We have a plane, the F-22, has already cost over $100 billion. We’ve never used it. We’ve got 3 wars going….we have never used this plane. Phil Spector has killed more people than this plane.”
“If you were reading about some country where they were having some sort of disaster and the leader asked for the gods to fix it, you’d think they were talking about a tribal chieftan with a bone in his nose.”
“They will never like [Obama]. He’s the wrong age, the wrong party, the wrong color…and he will never pry their fear from their cold-dead-mind.”
Great article written by Jim Rigby:
Five Scriptures You Won’t Hear at Rick Perry’s Prayer Event
“And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray in public places to be seen by others… But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your heavenly parent, who is unseen.” (Matt. 6:5-6)
By giving voice to extremist religious views at his prayer rally, Perry is giving his explicit support of these beliefs.
A quick look at the event’s endorsement list features a who’s-who of extreme right-wing religious figures [including leaders of ‘Christian’ militant groups (like ‘SWAT’ – because when you think Christianity, you think militia)]. They warn of dire consequences for our nation: birds dying out because gays can serve in the military, hurricanes ravaging “sinful cities,” even Oprah Winfrey being a sign of the Apocalypse. Yet despite their outlandish beliefs and rhetoric, Perry features their support prominently on the event’s website.
ThinkProgress has compiled the top outlandish beliefs from pastors associated with Perry’s prayer rally:
– Oprah is a sign of the Apocalypse: In his channel on GOD TV, Mike Bicklecalled Oprah a “forerunner to the harlot movement.” Bickle also warned that traditional “marriage will be…defiled” as the “gay marriage agenda, which is rooted in the depths of Hell,” progresses.
– Blackbirds are dying because of gay soldiers: Dr. Cindy Jacobs recorded avideo declaring a connection between the repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell and the sudden death of blackbirds in Beebee, Arkansas as a divine punishment. She also called “girl-on-girl kissing” a “plague on society” and asked divine forgiveness for the violation of a woman’s “natural use.”
– The Statue of Liberty is a “demonic idol”: In various sermons, John Benefiel called the Statue of Liberty a “demonic idol.” He also expressed a belief that homosexuality is a plot contrived by the Illuminati “to limit the world population.”
– Hurricane Katrina was divine retribution for the city’s “sin”: John Hagee said residents of New Orleans were at fault for Hurricane Katrina: “I believe that New Orleans had a level of sin that was offensive to God and they were recipients of the judgment of God for that.” Hagee has also insinuated that “the Holocaust…was the fault of Jews themselves” and Hitler acted as a “hunter” corralling the Jews into Israel.
– Gay rights movement from the “pit of hell”: Dwight McKissic denouncedcomparisons between the civil rights movement and the gay rights movement because the latter is a “satanic anointment…inspired by the anti-Christ” that comes from the “pit of hell.” McKissic also said that “God uses natural disasters to punish evil,” pointing to Hurricane Katrina because “New Orleans flaunts sin.”
– Jesus actually opposed the minimum wage: Influential pastor David Barton has made a name for himself by distorting Biblical text to support his claim that Jesus opposed the minimum wage and the capital gains tax. Barton has also argued that public school students are getting “homosexual indoctrination.”
– Children of gay parents are like orphans of 9/11: During this year’s Faith and Freedom conference, ThinkProgress reported on Jim Garlow’s comparison of orphans of the September 11th attacks to children raised in same-sex households. Garlow is also known for his controversial allegation that African Americans have saved the country from the “enslavement of gay marriage.”
– Director of a Christian para-military group: Jay Swallow is the Director of SWAT, a “Christian Military Training Camp” organized “for the purpose of dealing with the occult and territorial enemy strong holds in America.” Participants of the training session sign a liability waiver before becoming “warriors” against “occult and territorial enemy strongholds in America.” Participants are also trained “how to pray for casinos on Native American land.”
– African Americans are “cursed” by homosexuals: Willie Wooten published abook about the curse of the African American people. He wrote that their tolerance of “immorality” in the Democratic Party begets curses of “adultery, incest, children from incestuous union, children born out-of-wedlock, destroyed virginity, bestiality, homosexuality, lesbianism.”
– Aubrey Murray
‘Gee, Thanks, But I Have To Wash My Hair’: Governors Skip Perry Prayer Rally
Texas Gov. Rick Perry had big plans for his exclusionary Christian prayer rally this Saturday (August 6th). He was so proud of the event that he invited all 49 other governors to attend.
The RSVPs to “The Response” have been trickling in, and it doesn’t look good. So far, the number of governors who plan to attend the event at Houston’s Reliant Stadium in person stands at exactly zero, notes theAmerican Independent.
The American Family Association (AFA), one of the groups organizing the event, is vociferously anti-gay. The AFA has been designated a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.
Rick Perry…. Take a look at his lowlights.
TOP TEN RICK PERRY FAILURES
- #10: Health Insurance Premiums Increase 91.6%
- #9: Homeowners Insurance Rates Skyrocket During Perry’s Tenure
- #8: Utility Rates Out of Control
- #7: Perry Taking a Toll on Texans
- #6: Perry Prices Texans Out of a College Education
- #5: Perry’s Stimulus Hypocrisy Costs Texans
- #4: Perry Education Report Card: F
- Visit our website to check out the top 3 Rick Perry Failures!